Having fewer products lying around makes me feel less consumed by stuff, and frankly, my small bathroom doesn’t allow for much more.
What made the cut are a handful of personal must-haves. I use each item nearly every day, and I have about five other products stowed away in my office drawer for when I want to switch things up. I think these basics are awesome, but this is coming from a woman who doesn’t really know how to do eye liner and who gets scared of her reflection when her lipstick is too bright. I don’t claim to be good at applying makeup, but I do have fairly high standards for quality and safety. I use the app Think Dirty to check the safety ratings of everything that I buy, and I try to keep all of my products below a 5. If it’s a “holy grail” product, I might make an exception, but so far I haven’t had to.
- Honeybee Gardens Pressed Mineral Powder in shade Supernatural – iHerb (Coupon code, here)
- Waxelene – Whole Foods, or these retailers
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Sephora
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelée in shade Berry Bliss – Sephora
- RMS “un” Cover- Up in shade 00 – The Detox Market
- RMS Living Luminizer – The Detox Market
- Pure Anada Natural Mascara – Pure Anada Natural Cosmetics
- Eco Tools Brushes – iHerb (Coupon code, here)
- Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in shade Blonde – Sephora
Is there anyone else out there who loves having a capsule make-up collection? What made the cut for you?