My favourite kind of mail arrived! (Remember last month?)
If you’re new to these un-boxings, once a month I receive a Petit Vour natural beauty box. Each box includes 4-5 personalized, “generously sized” beauty products (Source), and it costs $23 USD per month, for Canadians. I chose Petit Vour because they curate high quality, vegan friendly, natural products. That means, “no animal testing, animal products, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, sulfates, and so much more” (Source).
The September box arrived in its usual pink packaging, but a slightly smaller version than last month. Inside I found 4 generously sized products. Let’s get in to the fun bits.
1. Yarok Leave-In Conditioner — SAMPLE SIZE (Full Size $13.20)
- Nutritious leave-in conditioner spray
- Contains vitamins, minerals, and essential oils that nourish hair prior to heat styling
- Sweet citrus smell
VERDICT: I was really excited to see a good-for-you leave in conditioner in this month’s box! I was in the market for a new one. This one smells great, and I’m pleased with the ingredients. I will really enjoy using it up.
2. Lily Lolo Mineral Eyeshadow — FULL SIZE $12
- Claims long lasting and durable finish
- Can create sheer or intense washes of colour
- May use wet or dry
- Champagne colour
VERDICT: This mineral eye shadow has a pretty, very light wash of colour when dry. You have to build it up or use it wet to get noticeable, lasting colour. I wouldn’t call it long lasting. I have a few other mineral eye shadows, but I don’t use them very often. Unfortunately this one will probably fall to the same fate. If you like mineral eye shadow, you would likely enjoy it!
3. Root Science Facial Mask — SAMPLE SIZE (Full Size $50)
- RS Reborn variety (for normal and mature skin types)
- Ingredients chosen based on potency and extreme healing properties (contains rassoul clay)
- Smells of earl grey tea
VERDICT: Add water to create this mask, slowly! I seem to be the queen of soupy face masks lately. After the first try I got the hang of it, and then slathered it on. I really liked the smell. After 15 minutes I washed it off, and my face felt nice and soft. I haven’t had any breakouts this week which is great, so perhaps it did a good job detoxifying? Time will tell. In the mean time, I will enjoy using this mask once per week.
4. Ellovi Tinted Lip Butter — FULL SIZE $5
- 6 ingredient lip balm
- Tint is made with red root of a Mediterranean flower called alkanet
- Sweet taste and smell
- “No nasties”
VERDICT: I really like using this lip balm! It leaves my lips moisturised, and the ingredients are great – I love the idea of adding colour from natural sources. This lip balm will be staying close at hand!
Overall, I am very happy with Petit Vour’s September’s box! I give it 3/4 because I never wear mineral eye shadow. Bring on October’s box!
See all of my Petit Vour beauty boxes to present day, here.
See how I organize my skincare, here.
Disclaimer: I am not being paid or endorsed. All opinions are my own.